Tuesday 14 February 2012

The Book, The final chapter - my all time favourites.

I hope you all enjoyed the series it was a great walk down memory lane.

As promised below is a list of my all time favourites quotes.
It was a really difficult choice to cut them down to my top 14 from the 150 + which were published, there were probably another 150 which didnt even get to print. A thoroughly enjoyable task.

As mentioned, for those who haven't read this series, the quotes below were made in innocence during day to day conversation during my times at British Telecom in the 80's and 90's. Some may not make sense but you really had to be there.


  • "Frogs are harmless they wouldn't hurt a fly" - John
  • "I can only wink with one eye" - Nigel
  • "I've got two girls on my production line pregnant" - Terry
  • "The new Datsun's got a 100,000 year warranty" - Fred
  • "You never see a bald ginger haired person" - Phil
  • "I don't know what I said because I wasn't there" - Fred
  • "I got stopped the other day by a plain clothed police car" - Nigel
  • "My friend grows turkeys" - Mike
  • "There are some Peregrine Falcons camping in the quarry" - Bob
  • "These verbal promises are not worth the paper they are written on" - Ken
  • "When your in a plane your so high you can see the sun rise" - Alan
  • There's no need to worry, life will get you in the end" - John
  • "I have never been unfaithful to my wife or any of my girlfriends" - Rob
  • "It will only take 1/2 hour, well 30 mins at the most" - Bug
I hope you enjoyed this series as much as I have.
B...

No comments:

Post a Comment