Sunday 30 March 2014

Paris Ancaster - P2A - 2014 update 4 - Finally a break!

Had a bit of change in the weather this week, its been what feels like tropical weather.
As a count down we are now 4 weeks until the P2A reality is starting to set in a little.

I have forced myself to get out as much as I can, its been pretty good this week putting in, for me, some serious Km's I've almost hit 100Km's in the last few days.
I went out Thursday and got in a very snowy 23Km's and yesterday almost 32 with a training partner. As the weather seemed perfect today I thought why not have another go today, I thought lets get over the physiological barrier and do 40Km, the weather was great, 4c and sunny but the wind was tough. After 32Km my kegs were pretty much jelly but I forced myself to push on, either that or walk I guess!
I thought I had managed the route to perfection but disaster, my GPS only logged 39.9 Km's I was happy I managed to get that distance but still didn't manage to hit the 40Km mark!!

One thing I did learn is that in need to do a lot more training, the P2A is 40Km but its a hard 40Km with a tough climb at the end. Today I wouldn't have managed a climb of any sort at the end.

Care of  Endomondo below you can see my progress over the last week, what is encouraging is my speed, even though its mostly all road I'm happy that I'm kicking around 20Km/hr mark.


No comments:

Post a Comment