Sunday 16 March 2014

Paris Ancaster - P2A - 2014 update 3 - The limitations of man and machines.

 
For those who know me I am reasonably competitive and hate failing.
The P2A is in 6 weeks time and I really don't think I am anywhere close enough to do myself justice.
Our weather this year in South Ontario has been truly brutal, its very difficult to get any outside training in and I hate working out in a gym. I have steered away from cycling in really cold weather but armed with new padded pants and a new cycling shirt I thought nothing could stop me today.
 
I have cycled regularly in sub zero temperatures on many occasions so what could the problem in cycling in -12 with -21 wind chill, a piece of cake.
Sadly not as easy as I was hoping, I have now come one step closer to determining my limit, and it doesn't go down to -12!!!
I almost turned back after 1Km but stuck at it for about 10 Km, my feet and fingers felt like they were falling off and even worse was my chin and cheeks. add to that my rear gears wouldn't select it was a miserable 40 mins.
 
But at least I managed to get out and now I know my threshold is not -12c  
 
.. and if your wondering, I'm not sure if the new padded pants worked as it was to cold to feel anything down there!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment