Monday 10 March 2014

Paris Ancaster - P2A - 2014 Update 2

Finally the weather has broken enough to get out on the road, this winter has been particularly tough, very cold and tons of snow.
Race day for the Paris Ancaster spring classic  will be here before we know it its only about 6 weeks to go, yikes!!!
 
I have been watching several YouTube videos to get a better idea of what to expect and also a great account in the blog ill advised racing this is one of the best accounts of what to expect and it looks much tougher than I originally thought.
 
I have managed to get out twice in the last few days, its so good to get out on the road, I decided to take a local route which included a really tough hill and included some mud, well I found the mud!!
The image below doesn't do it justice.
I managed two runs on the same route and good news I did the 17km's in just under an hour, my goal for the Paris Ancaster spring classic is 2.5 hours which will be around 17km / hour. All I need to do is keep up this pace, bad news I that I have only managed one hour and I need to do it for 2.5 hours.


So looking at the weather forecast we have a few more days well below zero Celsius and another few inches of snow, fingers crossed I can get out pretty soon.
 
I mentioned in my last post and feel its worthy to mention it again a great free app I have downloaded on my Blackberry,  Endomondo is a fantastic, and free. It logs all my work outs and allows me to measure distance, time and a multitude of other items, check it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment