Saturday 8 February 2014

Paris Ancaster - P2A - 2014

Where have you been?

Well the winter has been long, cold and loads of snow. I can't recall a year as bad since we have been in Canada, every week it seems we have had at least one major snow storm.

Last year I managed to get myself moving and started cycling whenever I could, it started as something to get me a little fitter and ended up where I couldn't stop whenever I had chance.

The winter has been cruel and I barely get out once every few weeks.

This year to make sure I keep going I have set myself an early goal, I have with a few friends signed up for the Paris - Ancaster spring race. its a 40 or 70km race over road, trail, mud and fields. We are attempting the 40km this year, details can be found at the link below.
http://www.parisancaster.com/index.html

So far this year I have just about managed a few short 10km rides on the very slippery and wet roads and maybe 5 or 6 short sessions in the gym, there is a great app which records progress I really encourage anyone who works out to use it, Endomodo is a free app and has kept my interest in fitness by tracking a multitude of information, try it out.
https://www.endomondo.com


And what will I be riding?
Below is my ride, I invested in a decent bike last year after struggling with a cheap mountain bike, the Specialized Crosstrail sorts disc, is a fantastic ride and has helped me keep interest and allowed my speed, distance and duration to move in the right direction.
http://www.specialized.com/ca/en/bikes/fitness/crosstrail/crosstrail-sport-disc


wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment